Thursday, January 11, 2007

How many more lives for that Oil?

I am not a politician nor do I pretend to be one. The point to the matter is, I can't help but to talk about issues that affect our lives on a daily basis. Twenty one thousands and five hundreds lives are off to Iraq again with the hope of assuring victory the second time around. Plan B is what is what the experts are calling it. Myself, as the little guy looking in, I am going to go ahead and call it Plan D for disaster. The Shiite militias men are licking their chops and raising their arms higher because they will have more Americans to use for target practice.

Our President just put twenty one thousands and five hundreds lives in danger again meaning that victory at whatever cost is in hot pursuit. What exactly is our goal in Iraq? Is it possible to achieve?
The one good thing that the President did was to admit that the strategy he has followed up to now was untenable. Well Mr President we knew that from day one. To be fair, I will give you credit for owning up to your failure a couple of years too late.
With this new Plan, more money for the war is needed and yes you are right more is going to be spent. A little over one billion of dollars is about to find its way overseas, while here in our own backyard, we can't even get one dollar without a fight to create jobs.

The bill for Federal minimum wage if passed, is set to jump from $ 5.15 an hour to $ 7.25 an hour over a period of two years and two months to be exact. Excellent! After two years and exactly two months, I can be assured of making at least $ 5.15 an hour after paying my taxes. That's a big improvement for the most industrial and the richest country in the world. How can anyone survives making so little money at a time where everything is so expensive?
That explains why we have so many homeless people and so many kids starving in this country.

(to be continued).
One love to all.

No comments: